Thursday, June 22, 2006

NO MORE VACATIONS!

If anyone is out there, please forgive my lack of knitting content, as well as my poor posting performance (can you spell aliteration?) (Did I spell aliteration?)
I have made a discovery. You have to pay for vacation.

Yes, I know, vacation is supposed to be a benefit for working tremendously hard during the year. Every year, I look forward to some time off. Every year, I think, "I'm going to do exactly what I wish for two (one, three, whatever....) weeks!" I vow each year to hold firmly that resolve....and fail miserably.

Now I had fun on vacation...but I did exactly what the 10 year old wanted (so much easier!). When I got back, I had accomplished very little knitting, had no pictures to show for what I did accomplish, had two weeks worth of dirty laundry (that I still haven't finished), a filthy house (because the three other adults cannot be left on their own to clean...) and only 4 days left to do it in. I had to ready everyone for the following week.

When I take vacation time, I am actually expected to "make up" my call time....which means that I have 5 call days out of 7 this week! I figured it out and will spend a total of 126 hours in the hospital THIS WEEK ALONE!!! Vacation simply cannot be worth this!

So next time I get the urge to take a vacation, STOP ME!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Hey Jo:

Thanks for the warning. So far, so good! Have gotten a little bit of knitting done and am having a great time. Luckily, my kids do their own laundry.

9:45 PM  
Blogger onfoyou said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home